Master of Arts in Teaching
Regular (Unconditional) Admission Requirements
- Letter of Interest
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited 4-year institution of higher education
- 2.75 Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) or 3.0 in last 60 hours
- Undergraduate degree (or 30 hours) in licensure content area (secondary level)
- Arkansas History and minimum of 6 hours of reading methods courses (middle level)
- Non-Criminal background check AND Central Registry Check
- Passing scores on Praxis I AND Praxis II Content Specialty examinations in licensure area
- Letter of hire from an Arkansas school district (grades five through twelve school)
- Provisional teaching license
- Formal applications—School of Education Graduate Programs and the Master of Arts in Teaching program
- Signed degree plan
- Interview/Disposition Assessment
Candidates seeking admission to the M.A.T. program, but who fail to meet one or more of the following admission requirements--
passing scores on all required parts of the Praxis Series,
acquiring a provisional teaching license, and
obtaining a letter of hire from an Arkansas school district.
may seek conditional admission to one of the other School of Education graduate programs and/or seek a delayed admission to the M.A.T. program once all of the admission requirements have been met.
Candidates granted conditional admission will not be given letters to school districts indicating that they have met admission requirements, enrolled in internships, or admitted to the M.A.T. Institute. Conditional admission only allows for candidates to begin studies on other degree plans while they meet admission requirements to the M.A.T. program. Candidates admitted conditionally may take up to twelve (12) hours of graduate level course work and must earn a grade point average of at least 3.00 during that period.