144 Woodard Hall
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N University Dr.
Pine Bluff, AR- 71601
Phone: (870) 575-8543
Fax: (870) 575-4692
- PhD 1993, Botany, Karnatak University, Dharwad
- MS 1984, Botany, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- BS 1982, Botany, Madras University, Madras
- 2008 to Present: Associate Professor, Plant Biotechnology, Department of Agriculture, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Pine Bluff, AR
- 2002-2008: Assistant Professor, Plant Biotechnology, Department of Agriculture, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Pine Bluff, AR
- 1999-2002: Post-doctoral Research Associate, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
- 1997-1998: Post-doctoral Fellow, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Pohang University of Science & Technology, Pohang, South Korea
- 1994-1997: Post-doctoral Fellow, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- International Association of Plant Biotechnology
- Society for In Vitro Biology
- Plant biotechnology and molecular biology: the application of cell and molecular techniques to enhance human health, food safety, and biomass for biofuel.
- Renukdas NN, M Manoharan, JO Garner (2010). In vitro propagation of pecan [Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh) K. Koch]. Plant Biotechnology 27: 211-215.
- Bregitzer P, LS Dahleen, S Neate, P Schwarz, M Manoharan (2008). A single backcross is an effective tool for the elimination of agronomic and quality alterations caused by somaclonal variation in transgenic barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). Crop Science 48: 471-479.
- Dahleen LS, M Manoharan (2008). Recent advances in barley transformation. In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology – Plant 43: 493 – 506.
- Tobias DJ, M Manoharan, C Pritsch, LS Dahleen (2007) Co-bombardment, integration and expression patterns of rice chitinase and thaumatin-like protein genes in barley (Hordeum vulgare cv. Conlon). Plant Cell Reports 26: 631-639.
- M Manoharan, LS Dahleen et al. 2006. Expression of 3-OH trichothecene acetyltransferase in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) and effects on deoxynivalenol. Plant Science 171: 699-706.